Vastu Shanti Puja is a religious and spiritual process of worship of Vastu Purush. Purush means Energy, Soul, and Shakti; thus Vastu Purush is the protector, soul and Lord of the house. The primary objectives of Vastu Shanti are:
- To remove any land, structure, and interior arrangement faults or the Vastu Doshas.
- To ask for forgiveness for any direct or indirect harm to the Nature and other living beings while construction of the house
- To pacify any forces that may disturb the overall happiness of future occupants.
- To request Vastu Purush to protect the home and the occupants from natural calamities
- To solicit His blessings to bring health, wealth and prosperity to the occupants and
- To resolve proper use of the house and to convert it into Home and Praasad